Friday, September 26, 2008

Where is he ?

some 20 people were running in one direction...
with Bamboos, sticks and bats....

running so fast, no one could have probably caught up with their speed...

I was standing and watching the show... Wondering, why are so many people running, and in one direction...

Are there more people running behind them to kill them ?
Are they running behind a person?

Did that man kill someone.. did he rob.. was he involved in an illegal relationship.. ?

Did he sleep with the village head's daughter... ?

Did he commit something more disgraceful.. ?

Between all these thoughts... I had forgotten to look for the robber...

The horde of people would cross me anyways.. I was on their way to catch the robber..

If he is going to cross me, I can may be try and stop him, he will topple over if I put my leg in the middle of his sprint, the race which he is trying to win..

So I kept looking...
And looking.. for the robber..

errr..

20 people crossed me, with bamboos, sticks and rods and bats...
but where is the robber...

I tried to focus harder...

And... I saw him... I finally spotted him...
I saw him jump the fence and enter the bush...

Brown, with dark black eyes, very thin.. and sprinting like crazy, jumping over fence, and barking and saving himself from the mean creatures...

Yes, It was a DOG !!!

Ah, well.. ended up in a bush, far away from my sight, and the 20 people managed to catch him by forming a circle around him..

And I, was laughing for the rest of the day..
I hope I made you laugh too...

LuV
- Aditi

P.S. This actually happened with me, this is not a fictional post.

7 comments:

jeh said...

Didnt seem funny to me.. if only the same effort was taken in educating a child... Only if that aggression was used to go against the blind folded norms .. if only that terror was bestowed upon injustice ...
No but we are humans and we have evolved and some of us have no clue how the hell that happened so this is just an eg. of tracing back our roots....


P.S. Doesnt seem like a fictional post at all, but you could have made it interesting by making it fictional... its not too late yet. ;)

aDeSe said...

@wierdweasel: yes, its not supposed to be fictonal.. its a non-fictional writing, my own experience..

and yes, the efforts were towards getting the street dogs from the campus, which is not a bad thing i suppose.. they had started biting ppl on campus, hence..

jeh said...

Yeah bad things for good reasons i suppose...

Kailas Shastry said...

I dont find anything funny about a group of people in the process of killing a dog.

I dont know what the dog did, maybe it bit someone or it was just branded as a mad dog that had to be killed, or maybe the crowd just wanted to beat someone / something up - sadists that we are.

Your sense of humor is something I find disturbing, to say the least.

-Kailas (from BN).

aDeSe said...

@kailas: Thanks for dropping by. They didn't kill the dog. They just sent him to the dog place..

IIM A is not a sadist place, don't worry. We have enough nature lovers and care takers here which led to the increase in the dog population. Had to be controlled, because you could spot dogs inside auditoriums and classrooms :D

Kailas Shastry said...

Ah, that clarifies.

But your original post gave me the impression that you were amused by the fact that people were chasing a dog, with sticks in hand *seemingly* to kill it.

Sorry I jumped to conclusions but your original post did not have the details you later gave :)

aDeSe said...

@kailas: this is a different kind of humor. When this incident happened, i couldn't spot the dog, and when I did spot it, I couldn't stop laughing for I have expected 20 men to run behind something much more bigger and ferocious than a tiny, skinny dog ! I hope you get the perspective of the post and the humor to it as well.